5 Reasons Why AWS Leads the Cloud Market
There is no doubt that in the cloud computing market, there is a lot of competition, but there is also a clear market leader. Amazon Web Services (AWS) leads the charge among other web services from similar tech giants such as Microsoft, IBM, and Google, but how did they get there and what’s taking so long for someone of the likes of Google to knock them off their pedestal?
Recent research from Synergy Research shows that Amazon has a seemingly unbeatable lead. John Dinsdale, chief analyst at Synergy Research, told TechCrunch that, on paper, AWS is too far ahead of any competitor trying to gain a short-term advantage. The reason behind their spectacular lead is simple:
AWS was first.
If you start the race before everyone else and keep at the pace they’re running, you’re going to win, and that’s exactly what Amazon are doing. Yet, instead of sitting on their colossal market share like a throne, they’re continuing to rapidly innovate and differentiate.
Dinsdale continues to explain that AWS does five things continuously that allows them to stay on top of the cloud market:
- Invest considerable amounts in infrastructure
- Expand their fleet of services
- Execute it all well
- Grow its business with enterprises
- Has the full long-term backing of Amazon
What can we take from this?
Well, according to Dinsdale, the Amazon formula involves:
- Investing in your innovation
- Constantly broadening your product/service range
- Perform with minimal error
- Aim for the high-profile customers
- Look to receive stable funding and support