Sending Email via Anchor - Outlook 2007
This guide assumes your email is already setup within Outlook 2007, and you are simply needing to change the outgoing mail server to Anchor from your ISP.
- From the main Outlook window, access the "Tools" menu and select "Account Settings..."
- From the list shown, click to highlight your Anchor email account, then click the "Change..." button located above the list.
On the first screen, you should highlight and remove the text in the "Outgoing mail server (SMTP)" box, and change it to smtp.anchor.net.au
- Click the bottom-right corner button labelled "More Settings", then within the new window select the "Outgoing Server" tab.
- Tick the box labelled "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" so that it appears like the screenshot below:
- Now select the "Advanced" tab. In here you should change the "Outgoing server (SMTP) port number and the "Use the following type of encrypted connection:" drop-down menu to match the screenshot below:
Now click "Ok", "Next >" then "Finish" to complete the process. You may then close the "Account Settings" window.
- That's it! You should now be sending your outbound email via Anchor.