Setting up email in Entourage 2008
This is a guide which can be used to set up your Anchor supplied email hosting account
- Open Entourage, go to the "Tools" menu and select "Accounts".
- Click the "New" button
- Click "Configure Account Manually"
- Select POP3 and click "OK"
- Enter your account details
- "Account name" is a free-form field for giving the account in entourage a meaningful name to yourself, i.e. "Home" or "Work" email.
- The Name/E-mail address should be indicative of how you wish emails sent to appear to the receiver.
- The Account ID will be your email address.
POP server should take the form of mail.your domain - i.e. in this example our domain is anchor.net.au, so the mail server is mail.anchor.net.au.
- Saving the password in the MacOS keychain will prevent you from being prompted for your password every time you access your mail.
- SMTP server should be set to your ISP's outgoing mail server.
- Click "OK", you can then close the subsequent accounts list window.
If you have any issues, don't hesitate in giving us a call.