Co-location Preparation Guide
This is a preparation guide for anyone that is preparing a server to be installed in Anchor's co-location facility.
Bring with you:
- Power cord
- Keyboard and mouse if required to boot.
- Any necessary operating system or application media that may be required. (Note: these cannot be supplied by Anchor).
- Machine boots without keyboard monitor plugged in.
- Machine BIOS set to same power state in case of loss of power
- Verify network settings (provided by Anchor):
- IP address:
- DNS 1:
- DNS 2:
- Screen resolution set no higher than 1024x768.
- Firewall changes have been made to work with new IP address provided by Anchor
- Ensure remote administration enabled
- Unix: SSH
- Windows: Terminal Services, VNC, PC Anywhere
- Show evidence of a firewall.
- All Operating system and application updates/patches have been applied. A program should be in place to ensure updates are applied on a regular basis.
- Check that networking is correctly configured by:
- Browsing remote websites
- Querying DNS records of remote services
- Connecting to services on the server from a remote site.
- Before leaving the final task is to reboot the server without a keyboard or mouse attached and ensure the machine boots correctly and that all applications and/or services start correctly.