enterprise grade hosting infrastructure spanning multiple Australian and USA data centers
Anchor’s Network and hosting infrastructure – monitored and managed 24x7x365.
Anchor’s enterprise-grade network spans Tier III-grade data centers in Australia and the USA. Each data center has multiple high-speed internet connections via independent upstream providers for redundancy. When it comes to building highly-available networks, our mantra is to design for failure. And Pacific hurricanes.
A key benefit of our global reach is that Anchor can provide true 24×7 follow-the-sun support to our customers; a 2am emergency support call made in Australia will be answered by a member of our US-based system administration team during normal working hours – not a sleepy help desk trainee in the middle of the night.
- All systems are monitored 24x7x365 by the Anchor NOC (Anchor HQ)
- 99.9% network availability service level agreement
- Capacity is maintained at 100% of peak utilisation
- 13 year track record of reliability and performance
- All connections at least 1Gbps
- Internet access is provided by up to four providers
- Redundant transport connectivity between data centers
- Dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 end-to-end
- GlobalSwitch Sydney West – undergoing ISO27001
- Equinix SY3 – ISO27001 certified
- Equinix LA3 – SSAE16 certified
- Anchor specialise in Hybrid Cloud Deployments
- Redundant 1Gbps Direct Connect links into the public cloud
- Leverage the strengths of cloud, virtual and dedicated servers to run your workloads
- Run your base load on the Anchor network, burst into the cloud when your traffic spikes
Inside an Anchor Data Centre:
A fully redundant network design has been adopted allowing us to eliminate a single point of failure all the way through the network to each server. Routing infrastructure consists of redundant border routers and switches coupled with redundant core routers and switches. Edge switches located in each rack utilise redundant hand offs from the core switches.
The latency and network traffic throughput on all links is constantly monitored to ensure quality of service is not affected independently of availability. Monitoring systems detect any deviation from acceptable levels automatically and alert technical staff.
All traffic flowing through the Anchor network is tracked on a per IP address basis. Measurement occurs in a passive fashion at the border of the network ignoring all localised data transfer. Inbound and outbound data are tracked independently.
A typical two-tier customer deployment:
- highly available for workloads that can’t tolerate downtime
- improve performance by separating the database tier
- application and database level synchronisation
- simple to scale out – add additional front end or back-end servers
Don’t just take our word for it!
"Before we became an Anchor partner, we used to run our own hosting business - with around 30 clients. But providing tech support and maintaining the box tied up most of our resources, and took time away from our best web developers - who could have otherwise been working on billable projects. Since moving to Anchor, we've made around $8,000 in residual income per year for doing practically nothing. Now our developers aren't tied up with tech support problems through the day, and we can go home at 5pm and sleep easy that night, knowing that our clients will call Anchor if they have a problem. It's fair to say we're now Anchor's biggest fans!"− Ben Stickland, CEO, www.alliancesoftware.com.au